November 25, 2017 – New York, NY – The 12th edition of the Nigeria Entertainment Awards was held on Saturday, November 25th, 2017 at the Symphony Space Peter Sharp Theater in New York. Singer Emma Nyra anchored the successful 12th edition of the awards.
Olamide and Davido were big winners for the night with both taking home multiple awards each. Olamide won Best Album for “Glory” and Best Rap Act; and Davido won Best Afropop Male Artist of the Year and Hottest Single of the Year for “If”.
The event was attended by many familiar faces from the Nigerian and African entertainment industry including Davido, Olamide, Seyi Shay, DJ Self, Young Paris, Barbee, Gbenro Ajibade, Dremo, Korto Davies, Sheyman, ID Cabasa, DJ Enimoney, Danagog, Dotman, D12, Kobazzie, DJ Fluker, Jaycube, Owo, B-Red, Hameed, Yinka Rythmz, Ms Ayodelay, Felix “Zeusi” Omozusi, DJ Stramborella, Dr Frabz, DJ Prince, DJ Phemstar, Innocent Onwubiko and Sudan amongst others. Also in attendance was Abimbola Fernandez, daughter of the late Nigerian billionaire businessman, Antonio Deinde Fernandez.
The fans were entertained by great performances highlighted by Olamide aka Baddosneh, who closed out the show. The show also featured singing sensation Mayorkun who took home the “Best New Act of the year”.
Other highlight of the show includes the humanitarian award that was presented to Dr. (Ms.) Bimbo Adighije, the founder of “CFF Africa” foundation. Mr. Bankole Omishore also received Pioneer Award for his work in government and media. Sheyman and Yinka Rythmz both took home Trailblazer Awards.
The 2017 NEA awards was supported by Raging Bull Entertainment, UDR Media, DJ Zimo, Red TV, EEC, Colors of Africa, Sheikh Entertainment, Phemstar Productions, 803 Lounge, Solara Group, NiPRO, SA Café Lounge, Kedu TV, Playbak Magazine, Splash Entertainment, Tropical Grill and Fidelity NRN Account.
For all press and media related inquires please contact:
NEA AWARDS PR
Tel: 917 541 8394
Social Media Handles: FB: NEA Awards | Twitter/Instagram: @neaawards | #NEA
The NEA AWARDS is an annual entertainment award show held in the United States, with the sole purpose of celebrating and recognizing the numerous contributions of entertainers to the African entertainment industry, while at the same time promoting the image and rich culture of Nigeria.
# # #
· Album of the Year: Glory (Olamide)
· Hottest Single of the Year: If (Davido)
· AfroPop Male Artist of the Year: Davido
· AfroPop Female Artist of the Year: Seyi Shay
· Rap Act of the Year: Olamide
· Dancehall Artist: Patoranking
· Best Collabo of the Year: Iskaba – Wande Coal & DJ Tunez
· Best Music Video of the Year (Director): Yolo- Seyi Shay (Dir: Meji Alabi)
· Best New Act: Mayorkun
· Indigenous Artist of the Year: Phyno
· Diaspora Artist of the Year: Jidenna
· Inspirational Artist of the Year: Sinach
· Most Promising Act to Watch: Deshinor
· Music Producer of the Year: Krisbeatz
· African Male Artist of the Year (Non-Nigerian): Toofan
· African Female Artist of the Year (Non-Nigerian): Becca
· AfroSoca: Machel Montano
· Best Actor: Ransey Noauh (76)
· Best Actress: Funke Akindele (A Trip to Jamaica)
· Supporting Actor: AY (A Trip to Jamaica)
· Supporting Actress: Kehinde Bankole (The Dinner)
· Film Director: Steve Gukas (93 Days)
· Best Picture: The Wedding Party
· Best Lead Role in TV: Oreka Godis (Our Best Friend’s Wedding)
· Best Lead Role in Film (Non-Nigerian / Africa): Korto Davies
· Best TV Show: Big Brother Naija
· Best Disc Jockey: DJ Prince
· Diaspora Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Phemstar (U.S.)
· Africa Disc Jockey of the Year: DJ Slick Stuat & Roja (UG)
· Entertainment Executive of the Year: Tobi Sanni Daniel
· OAP of the Year: Big Tak (Urban FM)
· TV Presenter: Seyitan (The Sauce)
· Best Comedy Act: Woli Arole & Asiri
· Photographer: Kelechi Amadi
Pictures and Video coming soon!
## END ##